It has become very clear that many people in our society are under constant and destructive stress.
As life for them operates at a pace that offers little time for rest or recuperation.
The costs related to stress are astronomical in the health care industry as we discover its links to heart disease, cancer and other ailments.
Most people are dealing with the symptoms and not the cause!
What brings on stress?
- I must be able to cope with everything
- Asking for help is a sign of personal failure
- Other people’s needs are more important than mine
- I have to get things exactly right
- I must keep others happy
- Work demands come before other things
- Worrying excessively what others think of me
If we continue to only deal with the symptoms, we will continue to get the stress.