When we initiate a personal campaign to improve ourselves, it takes longer than we thought.
Our need for instant gratification trumps our patience and discipline.
1) It’s more difficult than we thought – improvement is hard, if it were easy, we’d already be better…
2) We have other things to do – distractions tempt us to take our eye off the ball!
3) We don’t get the expected reward…, we put in extra effort but the people who matter don’t notice it, and this creates frustration rather than inspiration to persist!
4) We declare victory too soon – we lose a few pounds and we say let’s order pizza
5) We have to take self-responsibility to do it forever – it’s not enough that we quit smoking, we can’t have another cigarette for the rest of our time.
Which one of these reasons is stopping you from making the change you need to?